Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cape Cod Ride

I took Friday off from work so I could do this ride and then head over to my son's house to watch the Patriots game that night. It turned out to be a perfect day to ride and a lot of other people thought so too, I could tell by how busy the bike paths were.


I started at the beginning of the bike path in South Dennis and headed east to Chatham. I had never been on this section of the path before,there were a lot of intersections crossing roads. I did a loop around town and then headed north on main roads, to get back to the bike path.




Once I was back on the path, I headed to Nickerson state park. I'd gone by it a bunch of times but I never rode through it. A lot of people go camping here and the best way to get around is by bicycle.

Lots of children were on bikes today, a welcome sight as long as their watching where their going.



After I left the park, I got back on the bike path and headed to Salt Pond/National Seashore Park. As you can see, the bike path connects you to to all kinds of places on the Cape.



The park also has a bike path going through it with some stunning views.



Usually when I come by here,it's full of people checking out the views.




Traffic was real busy in some area's,which is to be expected, it's tourist season.


Nice recumbent.


Cape Cod Ride by paulmnbw at Garmin Connect - Details

4 comments:

John said...

Great ride-I am sorry that I missed it.

Paul said...

It was, I'll tell you all about it Monday.

sport information said...

We are doing this ride in two weeks. After the tourist season. I have been thining about doing this for at least two years but have never gotten around to it.

sport information said...

p.s. If your thining about something long enough it may happen. 8>)