Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scituate Reservoir Club Ride




There's quite a view from this dam/causeway.


You can hear the noise from this waterfall, a 1/2 mile up the road.








I almost got blown over from the cross wind here.





This ride was snowed out back on 12/21, so I decided to do it on 12/30. I needed to get in at least 31 miles to reach my goal and this ride was 38 miles. The wind was pretty brutal at times and on a couple of down hills where I would normally be reaching 35 mph, I was barely doing 20 mph, because of the head wind. The reservoir that this ride goes around supplies most of the drinking water for RI.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barden Reservoir isn't on the club ride, but it is a nice attraction just off the beaten path. I remember my water bottle freezing solid on one such winter excursion to the area.

Anonymous said...

The picture of the waterfall is from Barden Reservoir. I always take the little detour to check it out when I'm in the area.